Your Spring Cleaning Checklist
With summer right around the corner, it is time to do some much needed spring cleaning to get your home prepared. Here is your checklist to make sure you start off this season right:
1) Let’s Start With The Outside
- Wash your house’s exterior and doors. Give a fresh coat of paint if needed.
- Sweep all porches and walkways.
- Clean all windows and glass doors from both sides.
- Repair any screen doors and windows that might have torn throughout the winter.
- Clean and set up your outdoor patio set, grill, and/or kitchen. Make sure everything is working properly.
- Clean out gutters and downspouts.
2) Tackle The Garage And/Or Shed
- Take out what you will need this season and pack up your winter necessities.
- Make sure everything has a place and it labeled for easy locating. (Rule Of Thumb: If it has been there for more than 5 years and you haven’t touched it, it might be time to throw it away.)
3) Make Your Way Inside – One Room At A Time
- Wash the walls and trim.
- Dust all lighting fixtures, fans, and shelves.
- Sanitize all knobs and handles.
- Sweep, vacuum, and scrub all floors.
- Empty out closets and sort items as you put them back. Store away items that are out of season and donate anything that is unneeded.
- Clean and dust all electronics. Tidy up any unruly wires.
- Touch up interior paint that has chipped.
- Rotate mattresses and flip them if possible. Change out heavy winter bedding for lighter summer fabrics.
- Check all safety devices and cooling systems. Replace whatever is needed.
- Clean all sinks, toilets, and drains. Reseal any grout that has begun to peel. Shine any fixtures.
- Empty all cabinets and reorganize any that have gotten out of order.
- Wash and sanitize all counters and tables.
- Clean and check all appliances to make sure they are working properly.
4) Enjoy Your Freshly Cleaned House!